When you have Urinary incontinence it can be very expensive to buy products to support you in managing this. This can range from washable and disposable underwear, bedding, chair protection, and floor protection.

To assist you to purchase these supports there is funding available

National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)

If you are 65 and under and have a disability which requires continence aids for you to manage then you are eligible for funding under NDIS see https://www.ndis.gov.au/applying-access-ndis or phone 1800 800 110 to see if you are eligible

Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP)

If you are over 65 yrs old  there is CHSP funding :

  • To be eligible for this program, you must be aged: 65 or over (50 or over for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people), or. 50 years or older (45 years or older for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) and on a low income, homeless, or at risk of being homeless.
  • This means you are eligible to see a clinician from a CHSP funded service for an assessment  They can assess you for your eligibility for funding for your incontinence: My aged care website https://wwwedcare.gov.au.myag for information on supports and services you are eligible for 
  • Use the Contact us tool above to find the right contacts for your inquiry.

Arranging the aged care services you need can be a complex and daunting task - that’s why My Aged Care is here to help. 

  • They can provide support to help you access Australian Government-funded aged care services.
  • You can call the My Aged Care contact center on 1800 200 422 (Freecall*).

 funding for incontinence