Continence aids payment scheme 

$609.70 per year form Australian Government 

You may be eligible for CAPS if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident 5 years of age or older and you have permanent and severe loss of bladder and/or bowel function caused by:

  • An eligible neurological condition  or other eligible conditions 
  • And you have a Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs  

If you would like a CAPS application form, phone the National Continence Helpline on 1800 33 00 66. You can also request the CAPS application form from the Australian Government's Bladder Bowel website, which will also list the conditions that are eligible

The Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) provides a range of continence products to eligible members of the veteran community through the Rehabilitation Appliances Program (RAP). If the applicant is an entitled veteran or war widow(er), support can be accessed if they:

  • Hold a Gold Card (eligible for treatment of all conditions whether or not they are related to war services)
  • Hold a White Card and the incontinence is a result of a specific accepted disability (to determine eligibility contact the Rehabilitation Appliances Program at DVA)
  • Have been assessed by a health professional as requiring products for incontinence, or
  • Products are provided as part of the overall health care management.

Gold and White Cardholders are not eligible if they are residents receiving high level aged care.

 A form requesting the continence products needs to be filled out by the assessing doctor or health professional. It is then sent to an authorised product supplier on behalf of the client.

 funding for continence caps