Conni Bubs care/wash instructions
Step 1: Flush away solids
- Tip all solids into the toilet. If you’re using a bamboo liner, tip the solids and discard the liner in the bin.
Step 2: Rinse under the tap
- Rinsing and a light scrub helps to remove any excess solids, dilutes acidic urine, minimises staining and cuts down on the smells coming from your laundry.
Step 3: Pre Soak
- You can use an oxygenated bleach (not straight bleach) like a napisan and water to soak your nappies for a few hours. You could use any bucket but the Strucket would be handy as you can drain and leave until your next washing cycle. The sooner the better but if you've used something like napisan, the oxygen in the bleach will push out the bacteria so they do not need to be put into the wash straight away. However, we suggest the sooner the better.
Step 4: Normal wash cycle (no more than 40°)
- Nappies and inserts should be put through a normal wash cycle with the amount of detergent recommended on the packet. Don’t use any bleach or fabric softener.
Step 5: Hang in the sun to dry
- Sunshine will help with stains, smells and any bacteria. If you need to use a dryer, only use it for the inserts. AIO nappies and OSFM nappy shells will last longest when line dried. If a dryer is required occasionally, it must be on low heat (no more than 40°) to ensure the longevity of your modern cloth nappies.
- Don’t use straight bleach or fabric softener when washing your nappies. Nappies that are wet/dirty should not be stored for any more than 2 days.
- Conni Bubs nappies should be line dried.