We see a constant conversation happening about making the switch to reusables. The benefits, the decrease in your environmental footprint and the overall better alternative a reusable product is.
The truth behind disposable nappies:
- Disposable nappies take between 100 and 500 years for the plastics to break down in landfill.
- 3.75 million disposable nappies are used each day across Australia and New Zealand.
And sanitary disposables:
- The average person uses 10,000-12,000 disposable menstrual products in their lifetime.
- Pads take around 500-800 years to biodegrade.
As we become more and more aware of the detrimental effects of consistent use of disposable products, it seems our local government bodies are also becoming very aware. More and more local governments are offering trial rebates for the purchase of reusable cloth nappy and menstruation products.
Local Government Rebates
With the current climate, there really is no better time to choose reusables.
Below are some local government rebates that we know of:
- City of Casey (VIC)
- Wyndham City Council (VIC)
- City of Holdfast Bay (SA)
- City of Augusta (WA)
- Brisbane City Council (QLD)
Know another government council either locally in Victoria or interstate? Send them to us via the contact section below! Can’t see if your local council has an initiative? Why not give them a call or email and let them know what a great idea this could be for your community!